According to Syumar, the purpose of the propaganda is obvious:
“To show that the situation in Ukraine is getting out of control even on holidays, to expand the thesis of a ‘civil war’ in Ukraine, and to launch the next wave of ‘media preparation’ to justify an invasion, she says.
She appealed to journalists to verify their information instead of becoming instruments in the information war against Ukraine.
“Russian mass media today is the main source of misinformation about Ukraine. We are preparing appropriate appeals to the world’s leading media companies. This disinformation must be blocked and not replicated. References to Russian media should present it as an example of ‘shoddy journalism,’ given how often it reports the outright lies underlying the ideological myths that are designed to support Kremlin’s plans to conduct a war against Ukraine,” she said.
this is a propaganda war for preparing or holding off an invasion
if you just copy paste the information from the russians than you are helping the preparation of an invasion
Russian Today himself has said that it saw itself as part of the Russian armed forces and you can imagine that most of the Russian media act and think this way or are obliged to (because all critical media has been closed or the people in it have been changed under pressure from the Kremlin)
the least you can do is verify the information
there is no rush to publish information - especially in 'near-war times'
look at the incident today. It was all clearly framed and defined today by the Russian media today and than the proof was staged on site
but once everybody started verifyting the accounts, the information and the pictures of the situation of the cars than it became clear that it is not that clear and that there are more questions than answers
but these won't have the same headlines as the first ones
instant news can be instant garbage or propaganda and than you can have war instantly
even in near-war times you still have to do your job before doing a simple copy-paste
when you read books about Hitler you understand that the only thing he was really worrying about was time
he had always the feelint that he had to act fast and before the enemy was ready for him (even if he thought that he would die from cancer and would have to do everything before that)
he was afraid that the western world would have finished their re-armement before his original plans to attack the west in 1942 - so he attacked in 1940
and time counted also with the weather - although that doesn't count now as it will be warm for the next 6 months
but time it always played a role
Putin has the same problem with this invasion
* the army and the intelligence services are dismissing non-cooperative officers and replacing them with people who are willing to fight faster than he can corrupt the new ones
* military aid in all kinds of indirect packages and forms is arriving as well as advice and intelligence giving the Ukr army the means to preview his moves and strategy
* Crimea is now in a real bad situation with even food running out and he really needs to stop support from coming through
* the effects of the economic and financial sanctions are starting and the hesitation is growing from the international business and financial world to go ahead with investments and they are also trying to get as money as possible out of Russia
* the political debate over Ukraine in the US is increasing and putting much more pressure on Obama to take some real measures as the Republican Party is understanding that a free Eastern Europe is something that they can use as a better banner than healthcare or budget
* the operatives on the ground have to be paid and fed and this is becoming more difficult as the russian banks which were used are under investigations and the border controls have intercepted some millions of local currency
* warships, airplanes, ground troops are arriving in limited quantities all over Eastern Europe and more is to come
* if the election takes places it will be much harder
* there is no enormous popular support from the local population who in occupied cities are beginning to have enough of the lawnesless and economic standstill and confusion - in some cities there were even big pro-Ukr manifestations
* ukr troops are digging and constructing defense lines, roadblocks and so on making an invasion more difficult every week - it can be done but the losses will be greater
this is why I think that the longer we can hold him up the lesser the possibility of an invasion
but that is rational and I am not so sure that he is a rational man for the moment
strange when on a holiday you check up the news on twitter and there is some info about some shooting coming from the russian media
the Ukr media and officials didn't know anything (and this happened at 2 Oclock in teh morning)
than came the first tweets with the facts and the info and the proof
than came the immediate reactions that some things were not right and that - even if everybody wanted to believe it was a provocation - more research was necessary
than it became clear by the hysterical russian media reports and the declarations of the russian government without awaiting the reports by the Ukr forensics researchers who have arrived at the scene - that there was more to it
at the other side it was a race against time - you only have very little time left to report that some things are not right in the history of the incident and the proof that is found at the scene (weapons, business card, maps, ....) and the way the cars were standing and the places where the gunshots were and where there was blood and where none and the traces on the road and so on
since the pictures of the scene and the proof has been published to tiwtter, number of people have been giving their opinion or reacted to some statements
not that the russian people will hear it - in time
meanwhile the local commandor of the occupied city has asked russia for peacekeepers or food and guns
but time has passed on and this perfect example of an incident that proofs that the government of Ukraine doesn't have control over here regions is starting to look like a badly executed staged event - even if there was some firefight, the staging afterwards was done in a very amateuristic way
follow my twitteraccount for updates
this is the second time that the Putin strategy has failed, probably he has to think that he will have to do this work himself because the new operators aren't as good as the KGB was in his time
there are several indications that things could be going totally wrong
* there was a - probably staged - shoot out at a controlpost of the seperatists with several dead and a lot of evidence laying around that is now being used by the Russian media and the Russian government as proof. Problem is that after examining the incident and the proof there seem to be so many indications that this is staged that it couldn't be real or by some really amateurs who wanted to play soldier but didn't even read a book about such events because nothing was done as it should have been done if your look at those training books
but that doesn't play any role anymore because the russian propaganda has made of this news a life of its own and the truth doesn't matter anymore - that is for the history books - we are far behind this incident now (and we are only a few hours later)
* meanwhile the minister of the interior is heading south and the special advisor from the president is already there while there are indications that controllling military activity have increased (airplanes flying over for example)
you have also to remember that only yesterday russia has increased the number of troops closer to the borders as a preventive step against provocations and incidents in eastern ukraine (like the one that happened just a few hours ago
* in the city itself there is now a curfew by the seperatists and they have asked for Russian peacekeepers (who are ready at the border)
it may be that this isn't enough yet, so you can have more shooting incidents at several places in East Ukraine later today or this evening
and as such invasions nearly always happen at night (Ukr army didn't receive the nightvisions yet that Obama promised but only liberated last week .....
* for history buffs this looks like the incident that Hitler provoked to invade Czeslovakia in 1939
* there are indications that russian tourists are descending on Odessa and some other cities which - after this incident with their martyrs on easter - can be no good forbidding
unofficially the rumour goes that the russians need between 100 and 200 dead people before they can go in with enough propaganda power
From NGO Logistics HQ:
Dear all PLEASE HELP!!!
We, NGO Logistics HQ https://www.facebook.com/Logistychnyi.Shtab are asking for help to Cossak Mykhailo Gavrylyuk.
My name is Olesya Korzhenevska - I'm head of NGO Logistics HQ - here is my interview to the famour Ukrainian magazine Focus http://focus.ua/society/302611/ (though its on Russian - they are a Russian speaking issue)
NGO Лoгістичний Штаб is working already for more than 5 months as a volunteer organization on the benefit of Euromaidan in different ways. Our HQ has already gave host to more than 20 000 of maidaners and more than 1000 of Crimean people Житло для Євромайдану https://www.facebook.com/ZhytloEuromaidan, we are taking care of kids in the Zoo of Mezhygirya (ex-Yanukovich house)https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.734168786634449..., our HQ Допоможи Євромайдану https://www.facebook.com/groups/dopomogadlyaeuromaydanu/ is still working as 911 hotline of Maidan, we are giving transfer to all maidaners and Crimean people for more than 5 months via all Ukraine Transfer Euromaydan https://www.facebook.com/groups/TransferEuromaydan/, we were and we are still buying expensive medical equipment to the hospitals of Kyiv who help to maidaners, we are bying armed vests for the Eastern part of Ukraine etc. too many projects to tell about. And here is one of our projects.
and so on read the rest and the accounts here
greetings from Ukraine, my seperatist friends :)
ok so you understand it for foreign readers here is the NVA
and the even more radical extreme right Vlaams Belang
but I like the original from Churchill which was made up by a Belgian propagandist working at Radio London
but I am not placing this pic next to these imitators