A. Do you have a VPN at your network ?
Yes. Start to make it work for most of the people. Already insert their rights, upgrade your license, inform them how it works.
No. Buy one now and do all the things described here above.
Control your security (firewall, IDS, antivirus) and be sure that all the information that is needed is on the servers and accessable for anyone that needs to work with them (rights on the folder or document). If you have windows 2003 server or higher activate sharepoint.
B. Do you have telework arrangements ?
Yes. Globalize them and make them less specific and strigent. People will call in to say they are feeling a bit sick and are awaiting the doctor and maybe the results of the test a few days later. If these tests are positive all the persons who were in contact with that person will have to be sent home.
No. Do not start writing detailed rules. Just use those three.
1. When feeling sick, stay or go home and await the test. If capable work from home. Come only back if the test if negative or the cure is finished.
2. When sent home, stay home untill further notice or when you receive a negative test. If capable work from home.
3. When you have to stay home because members of the family are infected or the public transport is unrealiable or just stopped, work from home if capable.
You will have to organise for about 10 days of isolation of each sick person. It would be good to have some material in reserve (faxes, laptops and mobiles, printers and scanners).
If you have paid your workers their ADSL connection at home you are in a very good situation, if you haven't you can only hope they have one or are willing to use it.
Be flexible as long as someone seems to be doing everything to do his work if this is from home or on his job.
C. Re-roganize yourself
Diminish the number of meetings and isolate important personnel from all others inside your infrastructure. The lesser contact they have with others while the epidemic is in full swing the better. (use the phone, the webcam, the mail, the net, the fax) They should even be housed in expensive hotels so that they don't have to go home.
Invest in hygiene on the office and learn people to wash their hands several times a day. Distribute real protection mouthware (the clinical stuff not the others) if infections are spreading in your region or among your staff.
Re-organise so that essential services can always continue or be outsourced.
Do not underestime the impact if this is really in full swing.
And if nothing happens. There are three reasons you should be happy you have done this
* you have heightened productivity by diminishing the out of office or in a meeting situations
* you have externalised your office
* you have indexed the critical information and functions and workflows in your environment and put processes in place to keep them functioning.