Recognizing that enterprises of all sizes are required to collect and manage event logs – and in response to the challenging economic and business conditions facing organizations everywhere – Q1 Labs is providing a free, feature-rich log management solution called QRadar SLIM Free Edition (FE).
A downloadable "virtual" appliance, QRadar SLIM FE lets IT professionals:
- Collect, analyze, report, and store network, host, server, application, and event logs, via syslog, from a wide variety of network systems (e.g., routers, switches, security devices, etc.)
- Obtain advanced analytics to quickly turn confusing events into useful results
- Search and report on event logs to meet specific regulatory requirements
QRadar SLIM FE offers many of the same capabilities found in Q1 Labs' appliance-based, QRadar Simple Log and Information Management (QRadar SLIM) solution. QRadar SLIM FE is targeted at businesses, departments, or networks with less than 50 events per second (EPS) coming from their log sources.
There are multiple scenarios where organizations can benefit from deploying QRadar SLIM FE, including:
- Small businesses (typically less than 100 systems) looking to gain the value of a log management solution
- Organizations looking to easily and quickly evaluate the features of the QRadar SLIM log management offering
- Existing customers who wish to have a separate QRadar SLIM environment for testing and development use