We are at stage 5 out of 6. one side of me says that it ain't that bad and the other side said that it is going very fast. we will be sure in two weeks time but I think nobody has a clear idea and some officials seem to start panicking or want to push everybody to take appropriate actions. We do that often with computer viruses - just to get attention and some action so it doesn't turn out to be that bad.
* inform your workers and start distributing guidelines and start making plans in case that some cities or regions are put under quarantine. This quarantine is always in all the official plans for the next stage.
* cancel all important business travel - you don't want your executives somewhere out there and not be able to come back. Invest in online conference services. People who are commuting in mass travel may be more vulnerable. If they are valuable you can ask them to stay home is the risk becomes greater.
* prepare for telework schemes for your workers so they can log in from home if they are in a quarantained area - could be anywhere when we go one. They will need internet connections, good and secure pc material, some guidelines and access to a lut of stuff.
* be sure that everything that is critical is documented. when we are one step further some staff may die or be too sick to do anything. And if there is nothing on paper who will tell how it works.
* if people start getting sick make sure they stay at home and don't show up at work, better at home than infecting the rest of your offices
* be sure that the contacts of all your personnel are corrected, collected and distributed or available so some at home workers can rebuild virtually their office.
* if you shut your offices completely be sure they are not accessable and that they are secured at all times.
* if some people are staying behind even if your city or region is under quarantine be sure that they will be able to stay in a hotel with good hygiene. You will have to reserve these. Don't worry most hotels are too many empty rooms.
* follow the news at all time, this goes extremely fast, we have gone to stage 5 on a scale of 6 in around 10 days. I presume the US will be hit next. The panick can be bigger than the number of deaths but that is often the case.